Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rain rain go away...

While Tropical Storm Eduoard didn't cause much damage in our part of town, as a mother, and after the recent years disasters, I have a tendency to be overly cautious when there are hurricanes brewing in the Gulf. So we packed it up for an overnight stay at my aunt's house (thanks Aunt Annie) in Humble (not too far away, but a little further than League City). As you can see from the picture, my aunt has an amazing pool in the backyard that the kids were dying to get in to. But as the rain came through early that morning, their little hearts seemed to sink as they thought they may not get to swim. Well there was a break in the rain mid afternoon and I let the kids loose to swim and burn off some of their energy! Those of you with kids know, three kids locked in a house all day, and one without all of their own toys, can be a recipe for disaster. The kids were really pretty good considering, and my aunt was extremely gracious and tolerant as the kids draped toys and left crumbs all over the house. But I was ready for the kids to get outside where they wouldn't be fighting over toys and I wouldn't have to chase them and constantly worry about them breaking something in the house. So I get Maya and Camden suited up and ask Braeden if he's ready to get his bathing suit on and to my surprise he tells me he doesn't want to swim!!

Take note - I put Maya AND Camden in life jackets this time! Although I did get in the pool later (which you won't see pictures of) and worked on the kids swimming.

Little did I know that Braeden wanted to stay in the house to have all of the trains to himself - he was obviously tired of being good and sharing! He played very quietly and worked very hard at putting all of the trains in a line. I may need to consider getting some of these trains for our house!


No comments: