Monday, November 9, 2009

The Infamous Abbey-a

Braeden has been calling a lot of little girls "Abbey" for a few months now. I kept thinking that it was because of a sweet little girl he has in his Sunday school class, and I’m sure that’s how it started. There is a girl named Abbey in his Sunday school class that he told me about a few months ago so I just assumed she must have made such an impression that Braeden kept mentioning her and sweetly calling each and every little girl he met Abbey. But the name "Abbey" eventually turned into "Abbey-a" and he was talking about her all the time. He kept saying his best friend was Abbey-a, he couldn't wait to see her and she likes tickles! Then about 2 weeks ago, he flipped out with excitement that the cartoon Olivia was coming on TV. He would get excited everyday when it was time for the cartoon. I kept asking Braeden questions about her and finally realized that this little girl was in his Mother’s Day Out class as well as Sunday school class.

Braeden’s MDO fall festival was a couple weeks ago and I was so excited to finally get to meet this mystery girl my little boy was head over heels for. After the kids parade around the school, I went to his class to tell him how good he did and had hoped I would get to meet Abbey-a. I gave my little man hugs and kisses and told him how great he did in his parade and immediately ask about Abbey-a. Well, one of his teachers overheard me and said “Oh Abbey-a!? Well, her name is actually OLIVIA and those two just love each other! They run to each other every day as soon as they get to class and hug. They play so well together and are both very smart!” I said “Oooohhh! Her name is actually Olivia?! It makes sense now that Braeden changed the name Abbey to Abbey-a – I guess he was trying to combine the names?” Ms. Tonya then tells me that he has actually been calling her Abbey and Abbey-a and they have been working on him calling her Olivia. Braeden just ADORES this little girl and I’m so happy he has someone he looks forward to seeing at school.

Braeden was the line leader for his class! He did a great job!

All of the kids dressed up - it was adorable!

And.... Olivia! I'm sure it doesn't hurt that she's such a little cutie!!

1 comment:

Carrie S. said...

Awww...Olivia IS adorable. Your going to have some trouble on your hands in about 10 years if he is already got an eye for the ladies. ;-)