Friday, January 9, 2009

The Holidays... Part 2

Here we come North Pole!! I am not quite sure where I heard about this train ride, but I think it may have been my mom. Regardless, there is an old train station in east Texas that runs special events year round and one of the events is "The Polar Express" train ride. The ride was about an hour long and ran between the Palestine and Rusk train stations. After boarding the train, they passed out hot chocolate and rice krispy treats for everyone to enjoy. We listened and read read along to the book, The Polar Express, and sang and danced to Christmas carols. The kids wore their pajamas and took blankets to snuggle up in. The joy of watching my kid's faces when the train arrived at the “North Pole” was just priceless. Santa then boarded the train and greeted each and every child and gave them their own bell. This might be one of my favorite ventures I've been on with the kids and they enjoyed every minute of the experience. There are too many pics to put here so check out the slide show for more.
Ready to go.....

Waiting for the train....

Enjoying the rice krispy treats and hot chocolate....

Dancing and singing along with the Christmas Carols....

Santa handing out the bells...
So much fun...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so happy to see this pictures! I was wondering what the inside of the train looked like!