Thursday, March 19, 2009

A 3 year olds favorite sayings...

Well at least these are my 3 year old Braeden’s favorite sayings. He uses the following phrases often and sometimes together and generally with a sassy little 3 year old attitude!

I KNOW that!
Weave (leave) me alone!
I sorry. I made a mistake!
For example…

Almost anytime Braeden is disciplined these days for doing something he shouldn't be doing he says “I KNOW that!” Like I’m the stupid one for disciplining him. I can tell him “Braeden, we’re in a parking lot, grab a hand and don’t run in the street.” Of course, at the time he doesn’t have a hand and he’s wondering off, but he quickly recovers with “I KNOW that!” and grabs a hand – like he intended to all along and I was out of line implying he wasn’t going to do that in the first place!
His "I KNOW that" snarl...

I think the ‘Weave (leave) me alone!” is a given for most toddlers, but Braeden mostly uses this one when he is “hiding” and trying to avoid going to the bathroom. For some reason, he is still terrified to do more than pee in the potty. He’ll do it, but he doesn’t like it. And if he thinks he can avoid it by hiding then that’s what he’ll do.

He also likes to use the “Weave (leave) me alone!” phrase when someone is telling him to take his thumb out of his mouth. This is another one he thinks he can “hide” from us. He’ll cover himself up with his blanket and just leave enough of an opening to see through and he thinks we can’t see his thumb is in his mouth.

His attempt at hiding his thumb sucking...


Maya and Braeden were taking a bath the other night and Braeden hit Maya over the head with a toy and he immediately says “I sorry. I made a mistake!” as if saying this forgives him of all wrongdoing.

Braeden will steal some food off of one of the other kids’ plate and after it’s in his mouth, with a mouth full of food, he’ll say “I sorry. I made a mistake!” Again, as if saying that will forgive all and bring the food back.

But then I see this adorable face and am reminded why I love him so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's such a cutie!