Monday, March 9, 2009

THAT party...

You may recall a few posts back I wrote about Amber's birthday party. Camden was really looking forward to going to this party - he said he was excited because the party was at Chuck E Cheese, which I'm sure was a part of it, but I think mostly he really likes Amber. Well the party was this weekend and it was pretty cute to see Camden interact with Amber. When the kids were called back to the party table for pizza and cake I could see Camden panic a little. He walked up to the long table to see that most of the girls were already seated and just a couple of the guys had sat down. Camden immediately walks to the very end of the table and sits down by himself. One of the other girls from his class, Taylor, got up from her seat and went to sit next to Camden (if you read back to the Open House blog she was the little girl chasing Camden). As Amber walked up looking for a place to sit, she sees Camden at the very end of the table with Taylor sitting next to him. Amber walks up to Taylor, taps her on the shoulder and says "Taylor, can you move down? I want to sit next to Camden." Taylor said "no" so I offered up a solution for Camden and Taylor to switch seats so Camden can sit in between the two girls. Camden looked at me like I was crazy and said he wasn't moving! Well Amber ended up sitting next to Taylor and I sat at another table and watched the kids interact and laugh and play, it was so adorable! Until I look over and see this...


Camden had decided he would be the funny, cool kid and eat his cake with no hands!! Of course it worked, all the kids laughed and Camden talked about how funny HE was the rest of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I didn't get your email. My address is smcdowell5@att.net