Sunday, March 8, 2009

Opening Day and School Carnival

Saturday was yet another busy day in our house! We had the little league opening day ceremonies and Camden's school carnival. It seemed like we ran all day long. I had to have Camden to his parade float by 8:15, but I also ended up helping with some of the decorating of the float. We then rushed to the road the parade route was traveling on because the road was supposed to be closed at 9. The road closure didn't happen until closer to 9:45 and we had to entertain two small kids on the side of a pretty busy road until the parade started. After the parade, we went to the fields for the baseball carnival for a short time. We were then in a mad rush to grab some lunch so that we could make it to Camden's school carnival before it closed. After the school carnival I forced the kids home for a sugar crash and a quick nap before we had to make our way back to the ball fields for closing ceremonies at 5:30. We literally moved all day long except the hour and a half nap I made the kids take... which I couldn't tell you with all certainty if they slept because I fell asleep myself!!

I looked it up and to my surprise there is a minor league team named 'Lugnuts'...
Waiting for the parade...

Reminiscent of Mardi Gras...


Bring on the candy!!

Finally!!! The parade and the candy is here!



This is about the time I got nailed in the head with a Tootsie Roll Pop!!!

Can we please go to the other carnival?!?

And we're off to the school carnival...
Everyone had a few turns down the big slide!

Then they were off to the bouncy 'tension' run... not sure what it's called, but you run as fast as you can and a pulley/tension rope pulls you back once you pull it so far...

Back to the ball fields for closing ceremonies...going all out with fireworks!

"I guess I'll line up if i have to!"

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Isn't baseball great!?!?!?! Just think of the many years to come that you will have opening ceremonies ...