Monday, July 27, 2009

Did you get your "can" with this book?

Camden has been bribed to practice his reading this summer. I told him I would pay him for every book he read, but I wouldn't agree to a set price per book because I knew he would be tricky about it and choose a ton of smaller books. (he's a sneaky little kid!) He is keeping a running list of the books he's read because I told him that at the end of the summer I would pay him and he could spend the money on whatever he wanted - within reason of course. He has done a great job because he REALLY wants a new Wii game.

The other day he was reading a book and decided to turn it over to see the price of the book. So he's looking at something similar to this...Camden - Mommy, this book cost "seven, nine, nine." Oh hey! Did you get your can with this book?
Me - Can? What are you talking about?
Camden - It says right here that the can is "eleven, nine, nine." So did you get a can with the book?
Me - OHHH.... No sweetie. The book didn't come with a can. The book has that on there because there is a different price for a different country. CAN is an abbreviation for Canada. Like US is abbreviation for the United States.
Camden - Ohhh. I get it. So you paid "seven, nine, nine" for this book, but if we lived in Canada we would pay "eleven, nine, nine" for the book.
Me - Yep. That's right.

No comments: