Monday, July 27, 2009

this might be payback...

I was a daredevil as a little kid. I had little to no fear and would try almost anything once. For example, I can remember jumping off a friends' rooftop into her pool in highschool. But I refuse to list anymore examples because my parents read this blog and they don't need to know all the times I could have ended up in the emergency room! :-) And I don't need to give my kids any ideas for the day they start reading the blog!

The other day, Camden and Maya wanted to get on the water slide in the backyard while I was making dinner. I opened all the blinds so that I could continue to cook and still watch them. (Braeden wanted to stay inside so he could have the Wii all to himself - must be tough always having to share!) At one point, I look outside to see Maya pushing her "bigwheel" (similar to the one below)
UP the slide so that she can ride down the slide on it! I immediately go outside and call her to the porch to tell her and Camden they can not do that. Of course they both ask me why and I tell them they could really hurt themselves. Camden then tells me that he didn't hurt himself when he went down and it was fun!!! Maya backs up the sentiment saying "it was a lot of fun mommy and we didn't hurt ourselves!!!" .....greeeeaat! I look away for a few minutes and this is what they're doing..... I took the tricycles away and told them not to put anything else on the slide without asking me!

This weekend I was cleaning out the hall closet and I pulled out the kids sleep mats they used at Mother's day out and the kids wanted to lay on them to watch tv. Before I know it I hear a bunch of thuds and giggling - I knew they were up to something. I go around the corner to see this....
Camden and Maya using the mats to slide down the stairs!! It was pretty funny so I snapped a couple pics and took the following video with my phone. Not the best quality video because it's from my phone but it's still pretty funny!

Guess this is payback for being such a daredevil as a child. My mom used to always tell me I would end up having 5 fearless boys as payback...

1 comment: