Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mini-Me

One of Maya's recent homework assignments was to decorate a doll representing herself. Her teacher sent home a blank "gingerbread" shaped cutout and wanted the parents to help the kids use different items to decorate the doll. Well, it's no secret that I'm not an artist and really not all that creative. So, my brilliant idea was to get on the internet and search for paper doll cutouts for the clothing and we would pick out an actual picture of Maya's face for the face of the doll. Of course, I let Maya pick out the cutouts and accessories. I then printed them out, cut them and let Maya color them to her liking. I tried to let her glue the items on but she was just making a mess so I took that over. Once the doll was done, it looked a little odd without hair so I cut off a few strands from the end of one of the blanket throws in the living room! That's pretty creative for me!
The end product.
"Allow myself to introduce.... myself."

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Micah's was a mermaid... Her Halloween costume this year! Funny how they are in different schools and different districts and they did the same project!

Carrie S. said...

Pretty creative, if you ask me!

Jenn Hammack said...

Jenn! She looks just like you.....your such a great mom....