Sunday, September 20, 2009

The... uh... Rugrats?

Maya and Braeden started soccer last week (just practice) and they don't have a team name yet so I'm going to call them rugrats because that's typically how I refer to those two! They were both SO excited to have their own sport, but when it came down to actual practice Braeden froze. First, he didn't want to wear the shin guards so that started the crying. I finally got that stopped, but once we walked on the field the crying ensued. So I decided I would go out on the field and warm-up with him thinking he would see how fun it was and I would be able to sneak off after a few minutes. Well, not exactly. I stretched, did jumping jacks and ran a couple laps with the kids. Once Braeden had an opportunity, HE ran off the field! Wait a second, that was my plan?! We ended up playing with Braeden most of the time on the sidelines and finally got him out on the actual field after everyone left - so we stayed and practiced for another 15 minutes or so. Maybe next time will go better for him! Maya, on the other hand, had a blast!

Maya is ready to go!
Braeden is still crying...
Maya is telling him it's going to be ok.
Does anyone else see a future soccer star?!
Nice kick!
Some of the kids were 6 - which I think scared Braeden because they were so much bigger.
Our "practice" after practice begins.
Braeden really has it in him and wants to play... stay tuned.

No comments: