Monday, October 6, 2008

Catching up...

I'm not quite sure where the last month went since my last post but let me see if I can try to briefly catch up.

Maya and Braeden had their first day of Mother's Day Out at our church. YAY!!

How sweet...


Camden was the "King" of his class for the day!

We went to a surprise birthday party for my sister's father-in-law and captured some great pics of the kids!



Hurricane Ike hit and we headed to the northeast side of town to spend 4 days with 14 people and 8 dogs! That was quite an experience trying to keep 3 young kids entertained without power. I feel so very fortunate to have such a wonderful family. I met some neighbors I had only previously waved at in passing. I was absolutely amazed to see so many people come together through such a rough time. We were very fortunate to have such minimal damage to our own home. My sister's in-laws were not as fortunate and had about 3 feet of water in their house. They are slowly getting their lives in order, but it will take quite a while for then and many to get back to normal.

Getting back to normal. A visit to the zoo... (so I'm guilty of being caught without my camera but my phone works too!)


Camden couldn't understand why this Giraffe had 3 "buddies"!!! (read previous blog for definition of "buddy")


I'm not scared mommy...


Camden celebrated his 6th birthday!! (I brought the real camera along for this, but realized the batteries were dead when I got there)

Arrrrgghh....

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you didn't have any damage during the storm. I was wondering how you faired!