Friday, October 10, 2008

Open House.... She's Crazy Mommy!!

Last night we went to Open House at Camden's school and he was so excited to show Maya and Braeden all of the fun things he gets to do in school. His teacher said he is doing really well and she hasn't had any problems with him yet...whew! I'd like to say he gets his great school attitude from me, but while I made really good grades, my conduct grades were not quite the same. Let's just say I probably talked too much and probably had an occasional smart remark to the teacher. :-) At least Camden is off to a great start and I'm so proud of him! He showed us the table he sits at, his daily journal, the computer lab, the art room, the library, the gym, and the music room. For some strange reason he didn't think he actually could sing in music class. I was so puzzled but I asked if he played instruments instead and he told me he didn't do that either. I said well then what do you do in there? He said that he copies the teacher. I said well are you copying her singing? It then clicks, "well we copy what the teacher sings so that must be singing". Braeden wanted to stay in the school so badly, let's just hope he has that same attitude when he starts Kindergarten! Maya was in awe of how many things Camden got to do in school and she is so excited that she will be going there next year! Everywhere we went, we would run into some kid from Camden's class and they would always say "hi Camden" to which Camden would shyly wave back. We kept running into two different girls and Camden would get a little embarrassed, it was so funny. We ran into one of the girls for maybe the third time in the library and Camden asks me "why is she everywhere we go Mommy" and I tell him that she's showing her Daddy all the fun places in the school just like he is with us. The other girl we ran into again in the hallway and she started trying to play with Camden. He was too embarrassed to play with her in front of us I think so he started running in a circle around me, Maya and Braeden. Of course, she chased him and was laughing hysterically while doing so. Camden kept running in circles and she keeps chasing him. I tell him to stop and just talk to her, to which he replies "she's CRAZY Mommy"!!! I'm really trying not to laugh, but it was just so cute. Her parents finally called her over and Camden let's out a sighing "bye Taylor". I think they're really friends in school but Camden was a little embarrassed with all of us there.

The cooties are all washed away now....

No comments: