Sunday, October 12, 2008

She Missed Me Mommy and The Renaissance Festival

First of all, a follow up to the girl chasing Camden at Open House last week. I asked Camden if he talked to Taylor at school on Friday and he said "yeah, she told me she missed me when I came back to school from being sick". I spared you all the story of Camden waking up and throwing up on my bed and me last week... you're welcome. But because he was sick, he missed his very first day of school and I had to write my very first "absent from school note" as a parent. Well apparently, when he came back to school on Wednesday, Taylor told him that she missed him when he was absent. So sweet!!!!


On Saturday, we made trip to The Renaissance Festival. I had never been, so I had no clue what to expect. I must say, there are quite some characters at this Festival. Not that I'm judging, but let me say for those of you with kids, go early and leave at a decent time. There is a LOT of drinking and there really is no holds barred as far as dressing goes. Needless to say, we really did have a great time. We rode on an elephant, a carousel ride, face painting, saw a jousting match and rode on some out of the ordinary rides. The kids had a blast and it was well worth the trip!!
Ready to go...

Each kid had their turn at this bungee air flying thing...

You can't tell in this pic, but Camden was soooo excited at the beginning, but once the guy flung him in the air, Camden had a pure look of fear on his face.
Maya had fun, but didn't enjoy it until the end!

Braeden had absolutely NO fear and loved it the entire time!


Time for an ice cream break...

A family ride on the big swing...

A little face painting for Princess Maya... the boys got arm tattoos.


They each got to pick their own hat and I must say, Braeden is big pimpin in his...

No comments: