Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Look the other way Maya...

If you're easily grossed out, you may want to stop reading this blog now.... :-)
Well 2 nights ago marks the second time this month I've been thrown up on by one of my kids. I only missed Braeden's "incident" because he did it in the middle of the night all over his bed. I guess there was some sort of stomach bug going around my house and I hope now that we've all had it, it is gone! Generally, with my kids, if they throw up once, they are done and they start to feel better. And I had no reason to think otherwise with Maya this time. Both Camden and Braeden threw up once with this bug and they were done. Maya, on the other hand was different. She got sick Sunday night, on me at the top of the stairs, and then most of the day on Monday. She wouldn't eat anything but saltine crackers for dinner on Monday, but then as bedtime approached she got a second wind of course. So, I put her in bed as normal, thinking it has passed, but gave her a towel and a big bowl just in case. Around 11 p.m. I hear her screaming at the top of her lungs - this isn't super uncommon for Maya, I think she has a light case of night terrors occasionally, but I always go and check on her - so I go upstairs to check on her and she's sitting in her bed with the big bowl next to her which she had gotten sick in. My poor sweet baby girl I thought, so in order to keep an eye on her, I decided to let her sleep with me (which doesn't usually work) but she was so exhausted that she pretty much went right to sleep. So that makes two kids in the bed for the night (Camden is another story). Camden saw me bring in the towel and another big bowl just in case Maya needed it and he knew what that meant! In the middle of the night Maya woke up screaming and I immediately sat up and reached for the bowl wondering if it's too late. Did I miss her getting sick? Why is she screaming? But no, she had not thrown up anywhere, so she must have been having a dream. In the middle of her screaming Camden wakes up in a fog and whispers "Maya, look the other way, don't look toward me"!! Camden knew if she was looking his way and she got sick, he would have been the target. So you see, he wasn't really all that concerned with Maya, just himself..... Can't say I blame him, because while I didn't say that, I was quick to grab the bucket so I didn't get thrown up on! Maya has made it all day without getting sick so I think she's on the road to recovery!
My sweet girl finally asleep...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blech! What I have to look forward to! lol.