Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Aunt Kimmy... aka "Aunt Tee Tee"

I had to post this because it's just too funny. Those of you with children know that when they are learning to speak that many of their words can be misinterpreted. When Camden was very young he used to call my sister, his aunt Kimmy, aunt tee tee. She fought it for a while but eventually caved knowing he would outgrow it and at some point call her by the correct name. Well, that did happen, he did correct himself and all of the kids now call her aunt Kimmy as she wants. Little did she know it would become so funny to all of us that we would tell Camden the story as he got older. Camden has a pretty amazing memory and remembers most of what is told to him!

In Camden's class, they have free writing time most days and he came home with this in his folder the other day. "I uost to coole my ant kame teu teu wien I was a bay." It took a couple readings, but he meant to write "I used to call my Aunt Kimmy "Tee Tee" when I was a baby."

I asked him about it that night and he couldn't stop laughing...

No comments: