Monday, May 18, 2009

a... uh... typical night

The evening started out pretty typical...
The ice cream trucks are out and about again and tonight the kids got an ice cream treat.
The kids are playing quietly outside when Maya walks in the house WITH A FROG! Of course I screech, jump back and tell her to get it back outside!! She has never picked up a frog, bug or anything of that sort. The closest the kids have come to this is smashing ants with their feet - with shoes on of course!

When she walked into the house with the frog she had it in one of the kids' toys, but she eventually got brave and tried to pick it up.
I felt bad for the poor frog so I showed her - well told her - how to pick it up a better way. She was so proud of herself.
Wouldn't you know that neither of the boys would get close to the frog. Notice the green toy in the right of the photo - that is Camden "protecting" himself in case the frog jumps toward him!!
Braeden got a little close, but that's only because I was trying to take a picture. Once I was done he moved away pretty quickly. Maya walked around the yard for 10 minutes trying to find the frog's bed because I told her it had to go to bed. She wants to check on the frog in the morning too!

I hope I made it clear enough to the kids that frogs, and other animals, are not allowed in the house without my permission!!

No comments: