Sunday, May 10, 2009

Braeden's Day!

I have really been trying to have more one on one time with the kids and Braeden finally got his day. I decided to take him to an Astros baseball game. I knew this was a risk simply because keeping a 3 year olds interest for more than 30 or so minutes at a time is difficult. But he's been so into Camden's baseball games that I figured it was worth the trip to Minute Maid. I bought the nose bleed seats just in case he only lasted an inning so then I wouldn't feel like I was out too much money. When we arrived he was so excited about the 'baseball seats' outside the stadium and how we were going to the 'really big ball field'.


Once we got inside he was a little overwhelmed with all the people and wasn't quite sure what to do. We walked and walked to get to our seats and as soon as we sat down Braeden yells "HEY, I can't see the batter!!" We eventually moved over to some other empty seats for a better view and he watched and cheered some, but eventually I had to give him my cell phone so he could play games during his 'not interested in the ball game' and he intermittently watched and cheered for the Astros. We lasted until the 8th inning which I thought was really well! Braeden seemed to enjoy the game for the most part but REALLY enjoyed bragging to Maya and Camden the next day about his day with mommy. I had a great day out with my sweet Braeden...

No comments: