Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Maya's Prayer

During the kids nightly routine we try to pray. We don’t always do it and there typically is no standard prayer we say. Maya and Braeden have decided lately, after a long time of me saying the prayers, that they wanted the limelight. Braeden typically says “Thank you God for …” with the "…" being generally whatever is in his eyesight. So tonight it went something like this – “Thank you God for our food. Thank you God for Mommy. Thank you God for our clothes. Thank you God for lights. Thank you God for our beds.” He's so cute!

We don’t pray before our meals, but I know the kids do in their mother’s day out program. Tonight, after putting Braeden to bed and letting him say his prayer I went to Maya’s room to tuck her in and say our good nights. Her prayer was the typical prayer some might say before a meal, but I had no idea she had it memorized! I was so impressed even if she was a off a few words and it wasn't said before a meal, that I asked her to repeat it a couple times.

Maya:
God is good, God is good
Let us thank Him for this food
By His hand we are fed
Thank you God for daily bread
In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

No comments: