Thursday, April 9, 2009

my sweet baby girl

Kids somehow know when you need them to be sweet! It's like they can sense it. I've had a pretty busy couple weeks at work and have just been exhausted and short tempered with the kids.

I hate that - why is it that when I have a bad day or week at work I take it out on my loved ones? I want to take it out on the people that are really the root and cause of my moodiness! Unfortunately, I can't always do that. I like my job and I kind of like getting a paycheck twice a month. :-) So... my family gets the brunt of it. I'm so sorry guys!

Anyways, I got home just in time to put the kids in bed last night. I was rushing them through their much cherished nightly routine. I put Braeden in bed, somewhat reluctantly told him a story, sang the ABC song and gave him his high fives, hugs and kisses. I moved to Maya's room to do the same when I just felt it necessary to hug Maya and tell her I was sorry.

Me - "Maya, do you know how much mommy loves you? I am SO sorry that I have been working so much and I promise I will make it up to you! We will do something really fun this weekend. You are such a good girl and I love you and your brothers so much. I hope you know that."

Maya (as sweet as can be - pushes my hair out of my face, scoots herself up onto my lap and wraps her legs around me, puts her little hands on my face and tilts her head to the side) "You're not sad because I make your heart feel better. I love you all the way around the world mommy."

How do kids know when we need that?! I love my kids so much, they are such a blessing in my life. I love you my sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

Carrie S. said...

Awwww! Melts your heart!