Wednesday, April 1, 2009

You got me...

Camden's teacher, along with many other Kindergarten teachers I'm sure, has a discipline chart. Each child's folder is sent home daily with a color coded face which is marked by the teacher of the child's behavior for the day. The colors are as follows: Green - right choices, Yellow - be careful!, Red - watch out!, Blue - wrong choices. Camden has been off of green one time this entire school year. Quite a bit different from his dear old mommy! But that's another story for another day. The one time Camden came home with a yellow mark in his folder I grounded him from the Wii for the night. Of course, I listened to what happened and why he was placed on yellow. Whatever he had done didn't seem like a big deal, but I felt like I should let him know not following the rules has consequences. I really didn't think this would phase him as much as it did, because as I said earlier, I had my fair share of "yellow, red and blue" marks in school and I just kept on trucking along. Camden is so sensitive and I just broke his heart, he really felt like he had done no wrong in school and it was just the end of the world to lose his Wii privileges!

Today, Camden came home from school and I asked how his day went. He wasn't answering me so I went to the kitchen where he was standing. He was cowered in corner of the kitchen mumbling something. I immediately go to him and say "honey, what's wrong?" He mumbles in a sad voice "mommy, I got on blue today." I took a breath so I wouldn't overreact and calmly asked "well ok, what happened?" He can't keep a straight face or contain himself any longer. He turns to me with a huge smile and yells "APRIL FOOLS!!! Did I get you? That was funny!" I said, "You ARE funny! How do you even know what April fools' day is?" (we haven't played any April fools jokes on each other) He was so proud of himself that he repeated the joke on my dad a few minutes later!

You got me Camden! Very funny April fools joke! Still not sure where you came up with that one...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

He's so clever!