Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another busy weekend

This was one of many busy weekends coming up for our house. And I know, it's only going to get busier as the kiddos get older!

Our Saturday started off with a birthday party for one of Camden's classmates at Putt Putt Fun House. I have been to this place, and even taken Maya and Camden before. However, I had not been when one of the kids were able to enjoy it as much as Camden did this weekend. We arrived in our typical late fashion (was anyone else aware of the parking lot 45 South would become this weekend?), but it seems we arrived just for all of the fun. After opening the gifts, all the kids, mostly around age 6, went in to the 3-D motion theater. They gave all the kids 3-D glasses, put them in the chairs that moved and vibrated to simulate the real deal, closed the curtains and started the movie. The best part of it all was that the parents could watch the kids on a monitor outside the theater. This was hilarious!! In one scene, the kid in the movie fell in water and you saw one of the girls watching the movie trying to swim out! After the movie they moved on to bumper boats and all of the kids were old enough to ride in their own boat (which I was happy about because last time I was on these bumper boats with Camden I walked off soaked). After the bumper boats it was arcade time. The kids seemed to have a blast, but it was off to the next event of the day for me and Maya.

I try to take the camera to most events but unfortunately I didn't bring it to the birthday party. Camera phone pics will have to do.


I had originally planned for this Saturday to be "Maya's day with mommy", but Camden's birthday party threw a small wrench in that. Regardless, after Camden's party, Maya and I took off to one of my co-workers' baby shower. (Congratulations Carrie!!) The obvious choice of child to take to a baby shower is Maya, the only girl in the clan, but also, she loves showing off and being cute so it works out. I couldn't let the baby shower be the only thing she and I did together, so I took her to Build-A-Bear after the baby shower. She LOVED this place. She was a little overwhelmed at first but once she figured out what she could do there, she was set. She's definitely my daughter though. Once we walked in to the store and I explained to her what to do, she was quick and to the point. Maya knew what she wanted and wasn't wavering from her choices. I even tried to make her walk around a little to make sure there was nothing else she saw that she may want. I didn't want to pay for this bear and to have her leaving the store only to have a melt down because she really wanted a different bear. So we walked the store and she sweetly followed, but she ended up with her very first choice in all cases. I like that, she knows what she wants.... I'm teaching her well! :)

After Build-A-Bear, Maya and I went to a movie together. We had an amazing day for just us. She is such a sweet and loving girl, I couldn't have asked for a sweeter baby girl!!

Maya is ready for our girl day!
We all decorated tiles at the shower... Maya had a little help from Mommy, but she did write her own name...
Well she didn't choose a bear. Instead, it's Hello Kitty. Not sure why, but she named her "Astor." Well that's how I spelled what she was saying to me anyways...
Today, I was trying to get prepared and ready for the week as best I can. When I opened Camden's backpack to go through his school work I found the following paper. In case you can't read it -
"Marc loves Amber"
"Marc loves girls"
"Jesus loves girls"
"Marc and Jesus love Jessica"
This is so funny!! I think these boys are going through the "Girls are gross" phase so they're all picking on each other.

As I was making dinner, Camden was playing the Wii and Maya and Braeden were watching him. All of the sudden I hear Camden screaming at the top of his lungs. Apparently, he has a Wii injury! Is this possible? I guess so. He was jumping up and down for joy at his win on the game and I guess he fell wrong on his foot. (He's really not that injured, there isn't even a bruise, but he's going to play it up for all it's worth!!) Well Maya and Braeden felt sorry for him, so they "helped" him to the bath tonight.... Crazy kids

No comments: