Saturday, February 21, 2009

Slugfest and Lego Mania

This morning we made our way to the ball fields for Slugfest. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t quite certain what this event was except as the name implies – a hitting contest. All of the kids in the league had to sign up, but did not have to participate. My guess is this is the leagues way of raising money in a fun way that involves the kids. The cost was only $10 more to actually participate, so I thought it would be a fun event for Camden. Unfortunately, Camden is a better hitter when pitched to instead of hitting off the tee. But we worked with him some and he did pretty well today. Each kid had the chance to hit 10 balls off the tee. Camden was a little uncertain with the first few swings, but as he kept making contact his confidence grew and he did much better. It was so cute to watch him hit his last few balls because he was so intense and focused at that point that the look on his face was priceless. The results aren’t in from the day, but Camden did really well in my eyes regardless!

"I guess I'm ready to go"
The first of many walks to the ball fields.... "I think I did pretty well"

She knows she's cute....
Braeden is definitely ready...
And if anyone notices, yes, his glove is on the wrong hand. So if any of you know where to purchase a left handed glove that small feel free to let me know!
After Slugfest, the kids had to get home for naps because they had a birthday party to go to this afternoon. My friend’s son had his 7th birthday party today and I’ll tell you what, I’ve never seen so many Legos in one house! The kids had a blast! They each built their own Lego toy and the birthday boy voted on the best few. Then the dad showed the kids how to make their own Lego car that they each raced down a homemade ramp later in the party. Maya was in princess heaven because my friend’s daughter has a ton of girlie girl toys - barbies, dress up, etc. The kids and I had a ton of fun at the party. Stacey and Mike have such a wonderful family and an absolutely adorable and well kept home, it’s almost sickening – I’m not jealous in the least bit! :-) Thank you guys for inviting us to your party, we had a blast!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you could come! I'm going to be posting the pictures from the party today so check it out. I'll talk to you soon about raiding your baby gear!