Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Missing Valentine

Earlier this week Camden’s class made Valentine cards. As far as I could tell, they were asked to make one card each; Camden made his for cousin Kaleb.

*** I just got interrupted by princess Maya. (all of the kids are in bed, but Maya has recently been trying to stay up later) She opened her door, stood at the top of the stairs asking if she could watch TV. Of course I said no, so she asked if we could have dance time (she knows I love dance time – but we already had dance time tonight). I say no once again and tell her to get in bed. Then she breaks out the real deal…. “Mommy, Jesus loves you. I just want to snuggle with you for a minute.” How can I say no to that? Needless to say, she’s sitting here now as I type.***
Back to the story….When I opened Camden’s folder earlier this week, he had received a Valentine’s card from Amber in his class. Of course, when I asked him about it he got super embarrassed and wouldn’t even acknowledge that she is a friend of his. If you recall from a couple posts back, Amber is one of the girls that the kids in Camden’s group of friends writes about to tease each other. “Mark loves Amber. Jesus loves Amber.” etc.

Well..... Camden received two cards from Amber this week (outside of the cards the entire class handed out on Friday), see below. When we got home from the party on Friday, he was looking through his Valentine’s box and he could not find a card from Amber. He looked through all of the cards twice. “I don’t see one from Amber Mommy.” “Are you sure this is all of them? There isn’t one from Amber!” There ended up being one without a name and I think that was Ambers because he could find all the others. While at the party on Friday, I got to see Amber interact with Camden and his friends, and I think that Amber is actually really good friends with the group of boys but since they think girls are gross, Camden won’t admit it. She is a sweet little girl and seems to get along really well with Camden.
The first card...

The second card... "You are nice. I love Camden. Love Amber."

No comments: