Monday, February 23, 2009

you want to go to THAT party... wink wink

When I came home from work tonight Camden ran to his back pack and pulled out yet another birthday party invitation. I take a look at it and see it’s from Amber (the same Amber from previous posts) – so that’s all the fuel I needed to start asking more questions.

A little back story… Camden is a typical 6 year old and wants to go to any and every party he’s invited to. Well this last weekend, Camden didn’t want to go to one of the two parties he had been invited to. Of course I wasn’t going to drag the kids to a party they didn’t want to go to. Turns out this kid likes to say to Camden during their free time in class “oooohhhh, you’re not supposed to be doing that” when, according to Camden, he can being doing whatever he is doing. The point is, Camden didn’t want to go.

As I looked closer at the invitation, I see the party is set for Sunday at 11. Typically, that wouldn’t be a problem because we could go to an earlier church service. However, this Sunday I’m supposed to help out with the 4 year old Sunday school class.

Me – “Uh oh. The party is this Sunday, the day we have church.”
Camden – “Well can’t we go earlier?”
Me – “Well we could, but I have to help out with Maya’s class.”
Camden – “Can’t you just be sick that day?”
Me – “Well if I’m sick I can’t take you to the party.”
Camden – “Then maybe JoJo can take me?”
Me – “You really want to go to this party don’t you?”
Camden – “Well I like Chuck E Cheese.”
Me – “Well I’ll see what I can do. Maybe I can switch with someone else and we can go to the earlier church service.”
Camden – “Ok.”

A few minutes pass and Camden runs back into the kitchen.

Camden –Ok. I’ve got it mommy! You can call someone and I can go to the castle at church that day (that’s the earlier service) and then we can go to Amber’s party! TA-DA!!”

Guess we'll try to go this party because Camden obviously REALLY wants to go!! :-)

No comments: