Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Children's Parade

After church today, my parents and I took the kiddos to Galveston for the 2009 Mardi Gras Children’s Parade. The kids had a great time last year, so I figured it would be just as fun this year. However, this year was much more crowded than last year. Maya and Braeden seemed a little overwhelmed with the crowd and the noise. Camden jumped right in and started yelling for beads. I told myself I wouldn’t say much about this topic, but I’ll type this little conversation I overheard.

Young boy (around age 13) – “Mom, Grandma keeps b*tching at me! Can you tell her to stop?”
Mom of the boy – “Just chill out!! Get up there and catch the beads!!” (as she pushes him back out into the crowd)

The mom didn’t even seem shocked about her sons’ language! Needless to say, we weren’t around too many people that seemed to care if the older kids pushed, stepped on, or jumped in front of the younger kids as long as they were getting those precious beads! Thankfully my kiddos weren’t too phased by this and took what they could get and said they had a blast as we walked back to the car!
Might be a little too loud for Brae...

Every parade member seemed to have a sign as to who they were, but I have no idea what these guys were dressed as?? But they threw beads all the same...

Yelling for more beads...
The kids didn't "feel" like taking pics today, so I had to trick them to turn and look at the camera by saying I had candy!


No comments: