Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Round 3!

It was almost 3 weeks ago that I went to the doctor to find out I had strep throat. Pretty unusual for me to get sick before the kiddos (I'm generally the last in the house to get sick), but I'd like to blame it on helping out with the Sunday school class at church that week. So as out of the ordinary as it was, I was the first round of illness this time. Round 2... The following week, my dad took Maya and Braeden to the doctor to find out they both had strep throat. Poor little Braeden felt so bad, my little screamer had no screams left in him, he was so lethargic. Round 3... Today after work, I took Camden to the doctor to find out (2 1/2 hours later) he has strep throat. I'll blame this on the closeness of my kiddos. They have a bedtime ritual, as I'm sure many kids their ages do. A typical night involves dinner, bath time, story time and kissing each other good night time. However, their kissing each other good night time can be quite lengthy. They like to give each other high fives (it's both hands now), kisses, and then hugs - and it HAS to be in that order (the OCD nature of it all began with Braeden). Those of you with kiddos this young all know that no matter how hard you try, the kisses can be pretty wet or slobbery. So avoiding the transfer of illnesses is pretty difficult. Thank goodness Maya and Braeden are both still on antibiotics. Tonight was like a cattle call in our house, lining up all 3 kids for their antibiotics. Well hopefully this will pass soon and they will be back to the normal screaming, picking on each other household! Wait.... did I really just say that?

No comments: